Give Holy Communion the Flick! Celebrate the Jesus Banquet. (2014)
• A 'quick-fire' presentation at the launch of the Progressive Spirituality New Zealand
(Re)Birthing Christmas: Hot and Dusty and Hard to Christianise! (2011)
• The third of three presentations at the Annual Gathering of the Network of Biblical Storytellers Australia
(Re)Birthing Jesus: Giving Sinners a Break! (2011)
• The second of three presentations at the Annual Gathering of the Network of Biblical Storytellers Australia
(Re)Birthing the Bible: More like Humpty-Dumpty than Alice! (2011)
• The first of three presentations at the Annual Gathering of the Network of Biblical Storytellers Australia
Yes! To Christmas and all its tinsel... (2000)
• This is a copy of an article I published way back in 2000 which I reckon, still has relevance
The gift of progressive movements (2009)
• Published in Cross Purposes. A forum for theological dialogue. Issue No. 18. October 2009.
Anything new under the Sun: Shaping contemporary 'Sunday Morning' experiences
• The first of three presentations during the launch of the Lay Forum, a progressive lay movement within the Queensland Synod of the Uniting Church in Australia (2009)
The Grass-roots Movement called 'progressive Christianity'
The inaugural Rod Jensen Memorial Lecture, 2009
• The second of three presentations during the launch of the Lay Forum, a progressive lay movement within the Queensland Synod of the Uniting Church in Australia (2009)
Jesus and Parables: Stories of cooperation and challenge, with a fang!
• The third of three presentations during the launch of the Lay Forum, a progressive lay movement within the Queensland Synod of the Uniting Church in Australia (2009)
An Ordinary, 'natural', Progressive Religion (2009)
• A presentation to The Centre for Progressive Religious Thought, Sydney
To Be or Not to Be: An 'against the stream' Theology Report (2009)
• A presentation to The Centre for Progressive Religious Thought, Canberra
Christmas and Popular Culture (2008)
• A presentation to the Rotary Club of Woden, ACT.
Our landscape is: Shaping contemporary Australian 'Sunday morning' experiences (2005)
• Our Australian/Southern hemisphere liturgies should be both theologically and 'landscape' honest.
Christmas is just... Christmas (2006)
• An address to the Rotary Club of Canberra-Woden. The fourth such presentation and/or article in this current collection.
A more adventurous life! Launch of the Progressive Christian Network of Victoria (2006)
• Welcome to the more adventurous 'progressive religious' life!
What are they now saying about... (2005)
• Reflections after some 'study leave' undertaken in USA, Canada and England.
Christmas: Store the piety, find the joy (2005)
• A short article which challenges the pious grandstanding by 'fundamentalists' of Christmas.
Parables: Stories with a fang! (2005)
• Parables are stories which create a space, so the twist in their tail can upset our everyday world views.
The Jesus Seminar's 'progressive thinking'. An introduction to the new quest for the historical Jesus (2003)
• Introducing the work of the Jesus Seminar.
Christmas: An extremely difficult festival to christianise (2000)
• Christmas has always been a hybrid event, weaving together culture and religion. Today 'media' is now added to this cultural mix.
Liturgy, liturgists, and Port Arthur (1996)
• In the aftermath of the Port Arthur massacre, the media played an important liturgical role in the healing process.
On not leaving Christmas 'to the pagans' (1996)
• The church’s attempt at offering a counter culture position through the classic ‘Christ against culture’, seems not to have solved anything for the festival of Christmas.
Pentecost: The day we see red! (1996)
• A brief article which invites lay people/leaders to 'celebrate'!
Please tell us your stories: Re-imagining the poetic in religious communication (1993)
• A presentation at the Third Conference on Christianity and Communication, at Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA.
Remembering and imagination. The Bible and memory (1993)
• Memory is the imaginative tool of the biblical storyteller. It is not a bottomless 'filing cabinet'.
Shaping storytelling groups (1992)
• Stories are an essential part of our social experience.
Telling it slant! Symbol, image and metaphor (1990)
• 'Indirect' is the style and shape religious communication should take.
A presentation to the Australian Churches Media Association, Sydney, Australia.